Application Deadline: October 15, 2018
Urban designers, landscape architects, architects, planners, developers, cities and others are invited to enter one or more projects. Projects that emphasize Health, Equity, Community, and Sustainability are actively sought, and will be given particular consideration.
The jury is particularly interested in designs for:
- Regenerating poor neighborhoods and preventing displacement
- Housing the homeless
- Protecting neighborhood ethnic identity
- Mixed use, human scale, urban fabric
- Public transit, bike and pedestrian networks in poor neighborhoods
- Mixed-income affordable housing
- City squares, neighborhood squares for social life and community
- Neighborhood parks and green spaces
- Reshaping a mall into a town center
- Transforming a strip mall into urban fabric
- Strengthening a city’s architectural DNA
In all projects, the jury will be looking for evidence that the project fits well within its context, and contributes to Creating a Healthy City for All. To read more click here.
The Award Ceremony will take place at the 56thIMCL Conference, at the Sentinel Hotel, Portland, OR, June 17-21, 2019.